Tickled pink ...


Sometimes I have moments where I feel tickled pink ... that I (me, really me) get to be the mom to each one of our children.

You know, those moments where your thankfulness and awe of the blessings of your children cuts so deep that your heart feels tickled.

That is how I feel often, and lately.
This is another one of my anchors when I start to feel overwhelmed at the thought of growing past having five children.  Each one of our children really brings me such pure joy and delight!

And in the midst of my awareness of how completely blessed I am as a mom are feelings also of complete AWE that God intentionally sought me (and Sam) out to be the forever parents ... to one day soon ... five of our children.  Five of our children were not born to us biologically, yet they ARE "our own!"  We love them just as much as we love our son who was born to us biologically.  God did not let countries, oceans, continents (neither our finances, our fears, nor the kingdom of us that we had built up) stand in the the way ... He had us travel an unmeasurable amount of miles to claim them, and make them our own.  He had us each time jump of a bridge of faith ... so to speak and literally ... to bring our children home.  What an amazing God we serve!

Rings true of what He did for us too, doesn't it! 

148 million plus ORPHANS are waiting ... waiting to bring the joy of feeling tickled pink of the sacred and amazing honor of being the forever family to a sweet and precious child who right now has NO family and no hope of one, WITHOUT  ... perhaps ... YOU!

THANK YOU Jesus that I get to be the mom to each one of our children! 

Comments

Patty said…
So, so, so true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!