Twins!

I just refound this picture and I completely LOVE it & thought I would share it!  It signifies SO much to me, one of which is the LOVE of a brother and a sister.  To this day, Faith & Matteus are still really good friends.  If it is just the two of them, they can play for literal hours with really minimum problems.

I often get questions about how the kids do with their newly adopted siblings, which is a valid question to consider (how siblings will get along).  For our family, it truly has never been a problem, nor even an issue.  Especially for Matteus and Faith ... they loved each other from day one and still do.

For pretty much the whole first year after bringing Faith home, we used to get consistent questions asking if Matteus & Faith were twins.  Faith was three years old and Matteus was one, yet as you can see they were pretty close in size.  And Matteus is bi-racial asian (South Korean & Caucasian), and Faith is full asian (Chinese) so they do look a "bit" alike.

Yet to this day it still kind of blows my mind on how close in size they were, and still are.  Actually when we first brought Faith home, Matteus weighed more and was taller.  Matteus turned one in China, Faith turned three, three months after being home. 

I took this picture about a year after we brought Faith home, it was taken pretty soon after one of her eight hand surgeries!  I caught a moment, I didn't make them pose for the picture!  I think it is one of my all time FAVORITE PICTURES!!!!!!

Comments

The Princess said…
I love it!!! What a great picture. F and M are sooooo little. Just another reminder of how time flies and to Carpe Diem! (did I spell that right?!)