Stoked about another change!

I am stoked!
Nope, no news on Jase ... yet!!!

On top of being a school counselor, I am a licensed clinical social worker.  In our state everyone who does homestudies has to be approved by the judicial courts.  There is an application process where you submit paperwork to prove that you are qualified to do homestudies.

A few years ago I decided to do this and got approved ... a few years ago.

But the time has never seemed right for me to do a homestudy.  Many opportunities have come up where I could have done one but every time I felt God say, "not now," and so even though I have been very passionate about adoption for years I have never entered the field of adoption homestudies.

Well, that is about to change.  I am officially doing my first two homestudies and I am STOKED!  For some reason this time when the opportunity came I felt God say "it is time!"  I still plan on keeping my job as a school counselor, but for now I am not sure what will come of this new step, if anything.

I am quite happy doing homestudies on a very part-time basis.

I feel quite honored to be able to begin doing homestdies, and honored that I get to walk the adoption process with the two families I am working with!
I can only do private adoption homestudies at this point, as currently I am not aligned with an agency.  The only thing I wished is that I could do homestudies for my one of my best friends who just started an adoption process for the sweetest little guy from Ghana from Beacon House, which I can't (it is okay best friend that I just put that on my blog, right=))!  I can't do them though for people I know really well and have a close relationship with, it is part of my Social Work Code of ethics ... sigh!  It is okay though, because my best friend is in the hands of the best adoption social worker out there that I know of  =)

Comments

Kristin said…
Very cool new step that you are taking! I hope it all goes smoothly and you are able to enjoy it! Sounds really wonderful.
Merry Christmas, btw! ;)
Congrats on your homestudies!! I think we have met before and I also think that you work with my mom, Deanna at Fisher. I am so excited that I found your blog especially since we are in the adoption family together :) I look forward to continuing to follow your journey...may God Bless you & your family!!