Heart JUMP!!

At about 2:53 PM today I was teaching a 4th grade class on diversity (one of my favorite units), and one of my coworkers comes in and tells me that my husband called and that he wants me to call him as soon as I can.  She said they had asked him if it was an emergency and he had said, "kind of."

Sooo my heart literally JUMPED and then PAUSED.
Many things ran through my mind of what it could be ... the kids ... or maybe it was that his grandfather had passed away (although I couldn't figure out why he had called me at work to tell me that).

So I immediately began to wrap up my lesson, they were in the middle of an activity that involved working with a partner ... and they had packets that I had to get from all 25 students.

I finished my class and quickly made my way back to my office, my heart definately beating faster than normal all the way back.  I closed my door, in case I was going to hear some news that I was not going to be able to handle.

I sat down and called Sam.  He paused as soon as he knew it was me, starting to make small talk.  I asked him what was up a second time and he said ...

"ARE YOU READY TO GO TO CHINA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
So the HEART JUMP today ended up being a CELEBRATION and a bit of a SHOCK!

We have our TA, our Travel Approval!
We are looking at me leaving Feb. 27, we should have a confirmation of my specific travel dates by Monday!

Wohoooooooooo God, THANK YOU for taking care of all of the details!
Jase is coming HOME!!!


Comments