My View!

Isn't life all about our view?  The view we choose to take!

This picture is my view from my "reading chair."  When we first moved in we didn't have a chair that was in that exact spot and so for the first year or so this was not my view.  Then we put two chairs (instead of one) into the reading area and voila ... this BEAUTIFUL view is my quiet time view!

My chair story has such a real life application, to ME!  I think life often is about the view we choose to take.  Are we looking at ourselves for guidance, direction, refreshment, provision ... OR are we looking at our  CREATOR for guidance, direction, refreshment, and provision!

For me, this view really should be my view 24/7!  To me, this view screams the evidence of my Creator and consequently it brings me right to my knees with my eyes fixed on Him.

This year holds many details not figured out ... I know that I am going to NEED to keep my eyes fixed on the one who made me, instead of myself (this is very counter cultural I believe).

I LOVE this song by Matt Redman ... songs have a way of speaking right to my soul!

"Who, oh Lord, could save themselves,
Their own soul could heal?
Our shame was deeper than the sea
Your grace is deeper still

You alone can rescue, You alone can save
You alone can lift us from the grave
You came down to find us, led us out of death
To You alone belongs the highest praise
You, oh Lord, have made a way
The great divide You heal
For when our hearts were far away
Your love went further still
Yes, your love goes further still

 
You alone

 
We lift up our eyes, lift up our eyes

You’re the Giver of Life

We lift up our eyes, lift up our eyes

You’re the Giver of Life

We lift up our eyes, lift up our eyes

You’re the Giver of Life

We lift up our eyes, lift up our eyes

You’re the Giver of Life

 
You alone can rescue, You alone can save
You alone can lift us from the grave
You came down to find us, led us out of death
To You alone belongs the highest praise
To You alone belongs the highest praise
To You alone belongs the highest praise."

P.S.  Still no TA ... trusting God's time and provision!





Comments