Day Two Highlights

1. Jase is AMAZING! He honestly has exceeded every single one of my expectations. Having been around adoption for a long time I know it is wise to have an open mind about the trauma that our children might bring. I also didn’t know how my heart or his would feel, if our connection would be an instant and strong two way street. I also didn’t know what his little personality would be like. Well, quite honestly I once again feel like the luckiest mom in the world. How is it that I end up having the BEST kids =) Honestly, OH MY HEART … Jase is physically affectionate, loving, playful, happy, smart, fun, and funny … no exaggeration! I love his little age and little personality, because it allows me to physically love on him (one of my love languages) all day long which he lets me do, and because he is an amazing little being. He also tests boundaries and shakes his hand for no, all sooooo good and healthy … AWESOME! Last night he fell because he was climbing (I told Sam that he will for sure have accidents because he is a little monkey, constantly exploring and climbing … he will fit right in with our other kids), well when I was comforting him he fell asleep. And he was laying on me, so I laid with him for a good hour, him laying directly on me. How precious is that! My heart feels like I’ve had him for months, instead of days! I do feel like God granted my prayer, I feel like I already have a connection with Jase that only God could have formed and created.

2. According to the Chinese government, Jase is now legally Sam and my son. Wohooooooooooooo! Meeting with the Chinese officials today was completely different from when we did it with Faith. It was a very laid back and low key experience and the officials and workers were lovely. I wish I had brought nicer gifts. It was a long morning and Jase was a trooper. Although Jase was not as comfortable as he is when we are in our room, he was still after a while there, very social. At one point I had to go to the bathroom and they (my guide and the orphanage worker) were going to watch him, Jase started to cry and cry, he did not want me to leave him … which is AWESOME, so he came into the bathroom with me (my first squatter on this trip so far).

3. Saw an amazing example of someone “carpe dieming.” It was 8 in the morning and I saw this woman in her late 50’s (my guess), outside her apartment playing badminton, with presumably her husband. It was awesome to see! What a way to enjoy life, and make the most of every moment. And the even sweeter part, she had rollers in her hair.

4. Jase and I both had ice cream, yum! I was feeling tired and so I thought a walk to the park and ice cream would hit the spot (both physically and emotionally). I am so glad I booked this hotel right by the park, as I love to be outside and I love to walk. People definitely paid much more attention to me now, that Jase was with me … lots of stares and people talking.

5. I tried a new Chinese dish that I didn’t mind so much (I’m not a huge fan of Chinese food, actually besides dim sum, I don’t really like it). My dish today seemed more like Vietnamese to me, which I do like. My guide took me and showed me what to do. It was a noodle soup, where the ingredients all come separately and you add them yourself. It wasn’t bad and was just fun to try, I like trying new things and new foods =)

6. Watching the traffic today was a constant highlight. I asked Mr. Li who has the right away, the pedestrians or the cars or the motorcycles. He told me whoever is making the turn first =) LOL, I didn’t ask him what happens if they both get out at the same time. Today I went under this round about, tunnel, only for motorcycles, bicycles, and pedestrians. Try to picture it if you can! It was totally hard to describe, but it was crazy. I honestly was totally fascinated by. Everyone was in constant movement, but it made no sense to me.

In keeping it real … I am having peaceful sleeps, but short sleeps. I wake up every morning at 4AM and am wide awake. You can imagine I am exhausted by noonish or so. I am enjoying every moment with our amazing new son, yet I also do have moments where I can’t bear to count the amount of days I still have left in China. I am ready to bring Jase HOME so that our whole family can be together, yet I can’t do that for many days. I sooooooooo appreciate your prayers, and your continual prayers. Love you all! Maria

 

Comments

The Princess said…
Oh it does indeed seem so long til you are home! I miss you so much already! Tomorrow is our "missing mom" party that Evalin planned all by herself to cheer up your kids...it will be fun and entertaining, I'm sure. I love you lots and am sooooo happy to hear that Jase is another GIFT from God! I can't wait to meet him - he looks like a character!
Heidi said…
Oh my,I cried when I read about your 1st meeting with Jase & even more when I read the 2nd post. I shared it with the girls today & they have fallen in love with Jase.Especially Ellen got all emotional & said he is the cutest!(She is so ready to adopt & I know God started stirring her heart when she met you & Sam.)Jase's little face just shines of mischief & joy combined!I just love to hear how God prepares an orphan & forever Mommy's hearts to meet!! Awesome,amazing love - every time.Enjoy every moment,we continue to pray & think of you & your family.
Lots of love
Versfeld 7
TLM said…
That is one cute boy!

God Bless you All!

Thinking of you daily.

Tanya