A wedding ... we went to a wedding!!


We have had an exciting last couple of weeks!
My youngest sister got married, to the sweetest man!  And we ALL went AND we had a FANTASTIC time!  The kids ALL did so great on the long car ride (13 hours to Edmonton, AB) and did great during the days leading up to the wedding and at the wedding.  Isabella, Faith, Matteus and Ella were all in the wedding and thoroughly enjoyed it.  Isabella also read some scripture during the ceremony and did great!  The reception was a BLAST and the kids danced the night away!


The BEST part about the wedding was that my youngest birth sister Beinta married the most amazing man, honestly, someone who we prayed for for years FOR HER!  She married a man who not only loves Jesus (that was the prayer part), but also someone who so loves her.  Not only does he love my sister but he treats her like a princess, he totally adores her (another thing we prayed for).  He is a great man, full of integrity and heart ... just like my sister!



The second BEST part about the wedding ... ALL of my family was there!  My dad and family came from the Faroe Islands, my brother and his girlfriend and son came from out East, my mom and family came, and all of my sisters came as well with their families!  It truly has been years since we have ALL been together.  What a blessing this was!  Uncle Jeremy and Noah had already left for naps for the first picture, so I thought I would add one of them =)









Here are some more pics from the wedding!






My sister married a Canadian - Chinese man and on one of the nights before the wedding, we had a 10 course Chinese dinner!  Honestly, I liked every single dish which honestly is not me when it comes to Chinese food!  It really was delicious!  The kids did awesome at the dinner (that started at 7PM and ended at 10PM).  They also all wore their Chinese outfits that I had brought back from China!  Jase was not interested in taking a picture ... so I didn't get a picture of him in his China outfit =)  Faith especially LOVED trying all of the different Chinese dishes, some that none of us had tried before!  She was so proud, and really is so proud of her Chinese heritage!

We did go to the Edmonton Mall (the 2nd biggest mall in the world) ... the waterpark was FUN!  The rest of the mall ... to me was just a mall and honestly these days I find malls soooooooooooooo excessive (which could be another post).   The trip was AWESOME and I'm so thankful we were all able to go!

Comments

the smiths said…
Maria, I love seeing all your family together!! :) Wow!! It seems almost like another lifetime hanging out as teenagers and taking your family unit for granted. You have the most beautiful family. Their joy shines through, as does yours. Continue to model for your kids Jesus and his huge love for each one of them. Love, love, love!!!
Tam