The GIFT of friends!!

Sooooooooooo I have been quite honest (I think) about how BUSY life has been around here lately, both Sam and I often feeling drained and exhuasted.

It has been the horrible TIMING of so many different things that have occupied and dominated our time, on top of work and kids, and the addition of our SWEET Jase.

Well, last week one of my friends decided that she really wanted to lend a literal hand.  Talk about being the HANDS and FEET of Christ.  Talk about total self-sacrifice, and complete generous and thoughtful acts of service and giving.

Sam and I really value our time with our jewels and try to be intentional in time spent with the day to day routines of life, so although we are busy we still want to be mom and dad first in the midst of the busy.

Well, my friend (our friend) decided she was going to give Sam and I a break from cooking, and she brought us dinner four nights in a row ...

She didn't ask my permission first, she just did it!  If she would have asked me, I would have said "no."  People brought us meals when Jase first come home, and I like many others are learning to RECEIVE gifts from others.  This friend has taught me REPEATEDLY to receive blessings from friends.  What she did (aside from completely BLESS OUR SOCKS OFF) was also inspire and humble me in the MANY WAYS we can support and love each other, in whatever LIFE brings our way.  So if you know someone whose life is SUPER BUSY, or SUPER HARD ... bring them a meal.  What a HUGE BLESSING for the mom or dad not having to cook, and what a HUGE BLESSING for the whole family in that there tummies will be full of yummy food and they will get more of their mom and dad because of the BREAK from cooking you gave them.

IF you know of an adoptive family with a new child home or with an old child home in the middle of transition and you WANT to support them ... make them DINNER!!!  It is easy to do and totally non-threatening, all you have to do is drop it off!!!  Noooooooooooooo ... for anyone local, I'm NOT talking obout our family =)

After the second night of meals and Faith beginning to thank me for making dinner (which she usually does EVERY night), I stopped her and told her who had made dinner and who was making it all week.  Faith's WHOLE face lit up and her jaw DROPPED ... she was so completely surprised and in awe of what our friend was doing.  Faith's expression was a real good VISUAL to me of how I was feeling!  So awesome!!!

When I was telling my sister about what my friend was doing.  She couldn't believe it.  You see my friend has 5 kids of her own (her own implying they belong to her, not whether they are adopted or biological.  She has both biological and adopted chidlren), and she works part-time outside of the home.  Yes, my friend is a bit of a SUPERWOMAN!!!  My sister was shocked/surprised/and in awe ... and when I told my friend was also cooking dinner for another adoptive family (who has six kids at home) my sister was completely speechless and interrupted our conversation to tell her husband =)

God has BLESSED me beyond my wildest dreams through many different friendships, with best friends right here in Lynden, best friends up in Surrey Canada, and best friends in New Jersey!  God has also blessed me through an amazing circle (group) of adoptive moms!

THANK YOU JESUS for the friendships that you have given!
THANK YOU JESUS for the way that you use my friends to bless, support, inspire, and love on me!

Comments

I have to take a minute to say that your blog, and the things you share, fill me with such a sense of gratefulness and peace. I know that your life is crazy busy, but in the midst of it, it is obvious (by what you write) that His peace fills you . . . continually. You are a beautiful example of resting in Him, always--and I love the way you recognize His precious care of you as He works through others . . . they definitely are His hands and feet!

Congratulations on your pregnancy! I am so very excited for your family!

In Him,

Tina
(an AAI family)