Adjustment!




Oh my heart!
What a precious GIFT we have in Kody!!

Kody has been our baby for almost 3 years now (he has been home 3 years in August)!  He really has been mamma's baby for ... hmmm ... ALL of that time!  I think that is what happens naturally with the youngest, at least it does in our family!  Before Jase came, Kody was often the one found on my lap during meals and on and off during day (Matteus probably being the 2nd runner).  We probably did "baby" him quite a bit!  Mind you he is only about 3.5 and in my eyes is still "little!"  Well since Jase has been home, Jase has been the one who has most of the time dominated my lap and my attention!  It is hard to prepare a 3 year old for such a HUGE change in his life, and really the dethroning of his role as the "baby" in the family!  We did a lot of talking before Jase came home and Kody was SO excited for his new brother to come home.  However, when Jase came home I don't think Kody was quite prepared for all of the changes that happened, and quite honestly they have rocked his little world.  My sweet and HAPPY little boy has not been so happy all the time, like he used to be ... there have been a lot of seemingly not needed tears!  This all made sense to us, but life sometimes is too crazy and busy to do much about it!  Well Friday night I felt God say, "on Saturday morning you need to take Kody out on a date."  God's voice kept up and was persistent and got louder as the night went on!  So Saturday morning Kody and I went and it was GREAT!!!  And I know it has only been 2 days but I TOTALLY notice a different in my son!  I feel like he is back to who he is ... he is HAPPY most of the day and today I had NO NOT NEEDED TEARS!!!!  Yiipppeeee .... THANK YOU JESUS!  Kody has a healthy and secure attachment to me (and all of us), which is why the one on one time did so much to restore him to who God has made him to be!  With jewels with more trauma and not a secure attachment I realize it would not be sooo easy!  However this is often our first step when we notice one of our jewels struggling ... to take them out on a one on one date!!  All Kody and I did was have breakfast together, sitting and chatting the whole time!

THANK YOU JESUS for the way you lead and direct us, through the stirrings of our hearts!
THANK YOU JESUS for the GIFT of  Kody!!

Comments

Erin said…
glad to hear the date went well! I think I first learned about going on "dates" with your kids from you. Whenever I notice that Corbin has been having an especially hard time/week, we go on a date and it helps return the happy guy who he is too :-)