Praises!


You are good, Your love endures forever.
You are with me.
You are my helper.
You are my strength and my song.
You have done mighty things in my life.
I will give YOU THANKS.
This is THE day that You have made;
let me rejoice and be glad.
You have made Your light shine upon me.
You are MY GOD,
AND I GIVE YOU THANKS!

I wrote this in 2005 a couple of weeks before Matteus was born (in response to Psalm 118).  As I was doing my devotions this morning I stumbled across it written in my Bible.

It spoke to my life in 2005 and still does.
Today is my last day of work for 14 months.
Today is the last day of the school year.
There is so much going on inside my heart and brain.
To close such a HUGE part of my life for so many months, my emotions are mixed.
To have each one of my children finish another year of school; me next school year being the mom of a 4th grader, a 2nd grader, and two 1st graders ... where does the time go?  What happened to my babies!  Life goes by sooooooooooooooooo fast, and every year around this time life shouts to that.  It makes me want to hold all 6 of my babies that much more, as well as my hubby, and to keep friends and family that much closer!

I think about the last couple of months and EVERYTHING God has done and I completely overwhelmed at His mercy, love, and attention to details. 
I think about the last several years (since 2005) and I am completely speechless and in AWE at His goodness, love, blessings, plans, faithfulness, and provisions.

God has done soooooooooooo many GOOD THINGS in my life!
And in this time of yet another transition and change, I totally trust Him to keep on being faithful, loving and good!!

And then in 2005 as a mom of one precious jewel (almost two) I gave him ALL of my praises!
And now in 2011 as a mom of six precious jewels (almost seven) I GIVE HIM ALL OF MY PRAISES!
THANK YOU Father for ALL of your blessings in my life!

Comments

Shonni said…
Ohhhh, that is so cool and so beautiful!! Yes, HE is Good!
herent said…
Glad everything is going great with your precious family. The kids are getting so big. Congrats on your pregnancy and new little Jase :)
Love
Heather TenKley