Arizona!














We just got back from a family reunion (Sam's side) in Arizona!!
Yep all 8 of us traveled via airplane to Phoenix, actually on the way there it was me with our 6 jewels and Sam's parents (Sam joining us 3 days later). In total the kids and I were gone for 8 days in sunny and VERY HOT Arizona.
It was the first time in 5+ years that Sam's siblings had all been together with their whole families. Sam's parents, and Sam's uncle and aunt and cousins flew in for the occasion as well!
I really did brace myself for a week plus of spending time with family (all but two of us were in the same house), but I have to say it ALL went well and it really was a BLESSING!!!
The kids were AWESOME travelers, no exaggeration! They did soooooooooo good, even I was impressed! And sleeping ... went well, although no one got as much sleep as they usually do! It really was a GREAT time and I am thankful to have had the time, and for the kids to have had the time with family, and for Sam to have had the time!
We spent most of our days ... swimming ... literally! The kids and Sam and I spent HOURS in the pool each day, definately wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy more than any other person (adult or child) who was there! The kids had a BLAST and we did too!
All the kids improved their swimming skills ...
Kody now swimming WITHOUT floaties,
and Jase swimming BY HIMSELF with floaties!
These are both huge achievements, and Kody was quite happy with himself, and was even happier when he watched a video of himself swimming (cute)!
Keep in mind that I am 7+ months pregnant, and yep that was part of me bracing myself ... I didn't know how I would do (never mind the kids) =) I feel like God not only protected the time, but also blessed it! Mind you I did take some naps, and everyone else was up past midnight on the 4th of July watching fireworks I did hit the sack when Kody and Jase did =)
Although I am TOTALLY a Northwest Washington kind of girl, Phoenix + a pool + air conditioning really is a A LOT OF FUN!!! And the added bonus was getting to spend so much time with Sam's family!!! THANK YOU JESUS for our VACATION in AZ!!!
Next on our summer schedule ... camping this weekend ... and then Jase's HUGE surgery next week, OH MY HEART! (more on that later)!



Sam with his parents and two sisters!!!  Yep, Sam was adopted =)
All the cousins with pappa and grandma!




Comments