Restrictions!


"Restrictions" ... hmmm I don't really like that word. And quite honestly after this week I like it less and less as it on a lot of levels feels like a really good way to describe our week ... that mixed with pain! It has been a tough week on all of us, all of our food and activity being restricted.  It helps if we get OUT but I only was able to do that one day with the kids!  For most of this week we have been balancing Jase's pain management (which is getting better and better) so it is a big risk to go out!  By the end of today he was laughing, smiling, and playing like he used to ... before the surgery ... which was a joy!  However it also does lead to concern as for Jase the more he is himself, the more energy he has, and the more active he is which pretty much equals him jumping and climbing on everything!

Tomorrow is Jase's follow up appointment at Children's where they are taking his stitches out.  The plan was for me to take him but my week has been draining and exhausting and the thought of going back to Children's tomorrow and having to pin Jase down while they take out the stitches seems like TOO much for me so my sweet husband is taking him!  I don't feel like I have the physical nor the emotional strength to do the appointment ... so the kids and I will have half a day or so with NO RESTRICTIONS while Sam takes Jase to Children's ... I am looking forward to it!

So in an attempt to distract away from the hard and difficult I thought I would share some pictures from our camping trip two weekends ago!  It was the first time ALL EIGHT of us went camping, and it was sooooooooooooo FUN!  The kids all did so great!  We went with some dear friends and had an amazing time!  I think the pics tell the story!













Comments

the smiths said…
Restrictions are so hard! I was on restricted physical activity while prego which totally affected Ro (and Ben for that matter). A healthy baby was the result which made it all worthwhile. Keeping your eyes on the goal can help. :) Praying for you all!