We made it!







Sooooooooooooooooooooooo ... the first day of school didn't go as well as I had hoped!  I think I will save the details, as they involve certain jewels and their mommy that just couldn't keep it together!  Yep, I DID cry ... all my attempts to NOT cry failed!! 

Me crying, did not help one of my jewels who was so trying to be strong!
I guess it didn't help me that a certain little handsome guy did not want to go to school ALL morning, until about 10 minutes before it was time to go!

The sweetest moment today as I was making breakfast.  This handsome little jewel opened his hand and asked me to kiss his hand.  He then closed it tight and said, "mom, now I'll have you with me at school all day long!"   It doesn't get much better than that ... does it!

I asked him to do the same for me, and he happily with a big huge grin did!
I can't remember the name of the book, but he got the idea from the sweetest book that has been around for a very long time!

All in all though, despite this mamma's tears, the kids have had two fairly good days at school!  THANK YOU JESUS!  On some level, I think they have done better than I have!  Geeesh!

Here are some pics from the first day and from the meet the teacher time ...

Comments

I love your heart! And being a mama of five (from 25yrs to 6 yrs), and having been through many a "first day of school", I can totally relate to the mama tears. Oh my, there aren't many things tougher --especially when you know they are struggling to be brave. (I am homeschooling our two littles this year--first time in a long time that I didn't have to prepare myself to fight back the tears).

Good job on getting those first few days under your belt! (Although at this stage of the game I doubt you are wearing one--and you look beautiful, by the way!) Your treasures are precious--love the pictures. And bet you are soaking up some time with your little men!

Great "Kissing Hand" story! Perfect for getting through a long day--for both the jewel and the mama!

Blessings to you~

Tina