God's Protection!


Our sweet Lillyana was born two weeks early with a somewhat traumatic entrance!

I love how God works, preparing us for what is up ahead, without us knowing it!  The week or so before Lillyana was born I had this continuous sense that I would need my I-pod for the hospital.  I did not have my I-pod when Matteus was born.  And I had this sense that it had to have my favorite worship music on there.  The feeling and thoughts were non-stop so much so that the only thing I had ready for the day I went into the hospital was my I-pod =)

Well, I would have to say that I heavily leaned on the worship music throughout the entire labor and delivery, and I think that if I didn't have it I would not have been able to remain calm.

Let's just say that with my blood pressure spiking and Lillyana's heart rate dropping, it made all the medical professional's (doctors and nurses) very nervous and made them all rush to my room.  This happened enough times that I was also rushed to the operation room for a C-section.  However, my doctor thought he would give me one last try before he "had" to take Lillyana ... and in that last try SHE CAME!!!

AND the other thing that came when Lillyana came, was part of the placenta ... which is not a good thing becase it had ripped which is what was causing Lillyana's heart rate to drop.  Our OBGYN was very nervous and immediately called for the on-call pediatrician to check Lillyana out and she was just FINE!!!  YEAH, thank you Jesus!

When I think about that weekend, I can SEE God's hand of protection ... and during the weekend I felt His protection!

I think about the what IF my awesome OB had not scheduled the induction for that weekend (because of my blood pressure that was beginning to rise) ... what IF!  It was such a PROTECTION that we were in the hospital during the whole process.

I also can't help it but I think about all of the women in countries that don't have access to medical care ... what if that were me ... would I have made it, would Lillyana have made it!  The doctors intervented with my high blood pressure and with Lillyana's heart rate ... what if there had been no doctors and no medical facilities ...  I know for a FACT that one of our jewel's birth mom died just a few days after giving birth ... I wonder what she died of!  I wonder if she had given birth in the US, if the story would have been the same!

It has taken me some time to process Lillyana's labor and delivery.  During the entire process I focused so hard on remaining calm and strong, that the emotional impact of the day didn't hit me until later.  When I think back I feel a bit like I'm watching a movie, as it all just feels sooo surreal and so intense!  Right after Lillyana was born, our awesome doctor told me "I'm naming one of my grey hairs after her."  He was worried, and many times later referenced how I had had a traumatic delivery ...

The other thoughts and feelings that come to mind when I think about that weekend, are thoughts of complete THANKFULNESS and PRAISE for how things did go.  I feel like, once again, God orchestrated the whole weekend and took care of all of the details in protecting Lillyana and me.

Another awesome God detail was our/my nurse that day.  To this day I have the BEST memories of the nurse that helped me with Matteus' labor and delivery.  She was awesome, amazing, and such a gift!  Yes, Sam and my mom were there too, but honestly I don't think I could have done it without her (now 6.5 years ago).  WELL, our nurse for Lillyana was the SAME nurse and she once again was AWESOME!  She is so skilled, competent, calm, and the perfect personality fit for Sam and I!!!  How AWESOME is that!!  In all the crazyiness of Lillyana's birth, I had full confidence in her ... YEAH!  THANK YOU JESUS, for the sweet gift of this detail!

The pictures above were taken at the hosptial by a new hospital service, when Lillyana was just one day old!  Of course we couldn't resist and we bought the pictures!

THANK YOU JESUS for the many ways you protect our lives!
THANK YOU JESUS for the GIFT of  Lillyana!!

Comments

the smiths said…
I am shaking my head in awe. Nothing is too big or small for our wonderful God. Having major complication in my pregnancy, I, too, am so blessed to be here, with my more-than-healthy 9 month old. Praises flow from our mouths.....
Shonni said…
I am so glad that you and your little love are safe and well.
Anonymous said…
Thanks for sharing!! :)

B