Baby Brain!

I haven't blogged much lately, although I can't it is because there hasn't been much going on.  That is just it, there are things constantly going on.  Our truly is so BLESSED and FULL!  I could do a run down but I probably won't remember it all ... because I have baby brain.




That is my title for it, when you are so tired and overwhelmed that you just can't seem to remember things like you usually can, when things take a little bit longer to process, and when even a simple multi-tasking task can become confusing and overwhelming ...

I get it EVERY time we add a new child, not just a baby.  Pretty much my brain doesn't function the way it should.  It instead feels a bit like mush.

Things are better though than last time I posted, I'm less tired and less overwhelmed.  We are however still finding our new groove, our new rhythm as a family of NINE!!  Nine, I still can't believe it.

Lillyana ... she is ... well a DREAM!  She is so incredibly sweet AND mild mannered (easy going)!   I LOVE LOVE LOVE every precious cuddle, every coo, and every smile.  And I thought I was done with the whole baby stage, that is what I would have told you if you asked me about  15 months ago!  We even got rid of ALL of our baby stuff, we so thought we were "done!"  So now that I KNOW we are done, I'm so making sure to SOAK in every baby moment.

The rest of the six jewels are all really doing well and really do love and adore their little sister.  If I would let them, they would take turns all day long holding her.

Sam and I even got away for TWO nights two weekends ago and we had a BLAST.  I love my husband and love spending time with "just" him.  Although we did bring Lillyana with us it still felt like a total break and a total extended date.  We had such a great weekend.  Our hotel was on the water (which so fills me up) and it was across from a sushi restaurant (which also fills me up) AND we had SUNSHINE all weekend long which is the BEST in WA state because then the mountains radiate.  I LOVE that.  We spent hours outside walking ... it was an amazing weekend!

I SOOO reccommend it, getting away with just your spouse.  It is so easy to just do life with our spouses, where our marital relationship because secondary to raising our kids.  The enemy loves to target our marriages and I think we need to do everything to protect and nourish them.  Then add a child, and often as adoptive parents we add children with trauma (well every time we do) and life becomes that much harder and so hence our marriages face challenges.  I could go on and on about this ... all to say I am a HUGE advocate for not only orphan care, adoption, living a life of crazy love for our Creator doing whatever He calls us to ... but also for dates and getaways with our hubbies =)

Tomorrow we head to court to readopt Jase.
What a GEM he is.
I really could pinch myself that I GET the privilege of being his mom.
I'm SO incredibly thankful that God pursued my heart for our precious little boy!

As you can see I have baby brain ... this post is all over the place =)  And the pictures have nothing to do with the post except that they are of our 2 most recent jewels (one taken at the pumpkin patch and the other one taken after the pumpkin patch once home)!

Comments

the smiths said…
Soaking in every baby moment...I can relate. :) Continually praying for all 9 of you! And I fully agree about building into our spouses and marriages. Ben and I are going away this winter, just him and I, sometime. I just need to wean Vi first. Our last night by ourselves was December 19, the night before Vi was born by planned c-section. :)
Hugs to you friend!