Amazing Month!

This month has truly been full of blessings!
So many times I have thought about coming on here and posting but time just seems to be running away from me these days, and by the time I have time I'm usually ready to crash for the night (which tends to be early these days).

Our month started off with a bang, a week of solo parenting!!  This was a HUGE deal for me, as I really wasn't sure if I would be able to do it.  Sam was away for work, he travels periodically.  PRAISES be to my Creator who gave me the endurance and perseverence that I needed and it really was a good week!  The week ended with the Father Daughter Dance at the kid's school!  How super cool is that!  I felt like I was living through my little girls, as I would have LOVED to have done something like this with my dad as a little girl!  All 4 of them danced the night away and a lovely time!  That week involved some creative play ... who needs a whole lego box when you have two of the pieces that can operate as snow boards ... =)



The week that followed brought my small group's annual Christmas dinner and game night!  We were up to midnight chatting and playing games ... okay we are normally up to midnight, but usually we are praying ...  I LOVE these women (Melissa came a bit later and missed the picture taking) and I'm not sure what I would do without them!  They are all also adoptive moms ... super awesome!



That weekend we had another annual event, to the Stanley Park Christmas train with our dear dear friends from college (Trinity Western University).  I also simply adore these friends (and families) and again don't know what I would do without them!  And OH JOY all of the lights and riding the Christmas train ... another FIRST for both Jase and Lillyana!





NEXT we had the Christmas program at church, where all 5 of our jewels were involved with one song and 3 were involved with the whole program!  It took a lot of practises and work but the kids LOVED it and the end result was an AMAZING night of sharing of Jesus's birth!  The kids did amazing and had such a great time!




After that Bella had her dance reital.  She is taking a worship class at the local Dance Studio and LOVES it.  She has taken a few different classess, this is the first one that she has totally loved it!  What a GIFT for her to find another thing that she loves and what a GIFT to watch her dance!




Then last weekend we had Christmas dinner with my side of the family which was great.  My mom, my niece, and two of my sisters came for the whole weekend which was soooooooooooooooo awesome to be able to be able to spend all of the TIME with them (one more sister came for Christmas dinner)!!  Not everyone was able to make it, and they were all greatly MISSED!!  One of the greatest gifts our families, expecially our parents, can give us is to spend time WITH our children.  My mom spent a lot of time playing games with the kids ... which they loved!!  A few weekend earlier over Thanksgiving Sam's parents came and they also spent a lot of time playing games with the kids which they LOVED!  Both weekends of time spent truly were GIFTS to us!!!




The last highlight started with a PHONE CALL which I will blog about later.  No no, in case you are wondering, the phone call was not related to adoption in any way =)    Here are a few more favorite pics from the month ...
 One beautiful daughter with STRAIGHT HAIR ...
 One hot daddy with with a beautiful princess!
Two handsome little boys and brothers!!!

We are so blessed!
God keeps reminding me ...
and then SHOWING me!!!!
THANK YOU Father for your many good gifts ... every single day!

Comments