Refresh


This weekend I had the privilege of getting away with some dear friends from one of the small groups that I'm involved with (Kristi, Stephanie, and Chris you were missed) AND we had such a wonderful time!

I so adore each one of these women, and so just being WITH them was so much fun!  We visited Starbucks several times, did a little shopping, ate some super yummy food, and we attended the first ever Refresh conference  (http://www.occ.org/refresh/index.html) at Overlake Church in Seattle.

Can I just say it was amazing.
The speakers were amazing, the worship was amazing, and even the food and snacks they provided were amazing.

A definate highlight for me was listening to Deborah Gray (http://www.deborahdgray.com/home.html) three different times, in the general session, and during the break out sessions I attended both of her sessions.  As a professional within the field of counseling and social work, I have known about Deborah Gray for years, and have learned so much from her books and information shared with me about her work from other professionals and other trainings I've attended.  So to be able to hear her personally was just simply amazing.  I'm thinking I would like to attend some more of her trainings, aimed at clinicians/counselors.

The other breakout session I attended was put on by Lisa Qualls and Kathleen Hamer, who are two adoptive moms walking difficult attachment journeys ... it was a gift to be able to hear their stories and how they really have created a village around them to help them raise their hurting precious jewels!  Lisa keeps a blog at http://www.onethankfulmom.com/.

Most of the other speakers really were great too ...
I really did leave feel encouraged, inspired, challenged, and affirmed in the calling God has already put in my life ...
Everyone involved who put it on, did such an amazing job!

Overlake Church is already planning a second Refresh Conference for next year ... Feb. 8-9 (Friday night to all day Saturday)!  If you are local (in BC, WA, OR ... ) and are an adoptive/foster parent I highly reccomend you go.  I'm hoping to go again ... 

I do have to do a SHOUT OUT to my husband, and all of the husbands who stayed home with our jewels so that we could go!!  Thank you honey, and thank you hubbies of my dear friends =)  In total we left 34 children at home ... yep, 34 =)  I did the math 2 times, as it seemed like a lot of kids!!!  =)

Comments