ONE Year!!

This morning I had the sweetest conversation with Jase.  Jase said, "God loves mom?"  And I said, "yes Jase."  Jase said, "God loves Jase?"  And I of course said, "yes Jase."  And he went on his happy way.

This Sunday is our one year GOTCHA DAY for Jase!
One year ago I was in Kunming, China, meeting our son for the first time!
One year ago, I held him for the first time.

I remember it clearly.
He cried and cried and did not want me to hold him.
Thankfully he was so exhausted he fell asleep.
The days that followed he slowly began to trust me, yet still every day was full of cautious smiles and lots of games.  Jase definitely grieved while in China, he ate very little, and was quiet compared to his super bubbly personality.

I also remember the day God first revealed Jase to my heart.
I was worshipping at church, and God brought this picture of this baby boy that I had seen 3 months earlier clear as day into my mind.

I also remember the day, after DAYS of praying and seeking God, me trusting God's direction that Jase was MEANT to be our son.  I put out MANY FLEECES for God, and continuously sought His direction for Jase and our lives.

Having a 6th child was so wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
outside of "my" plans for "my" life that I wanted to be FULLY CONFIDENT
that God was CALLING us to be Jase's family!!

AND let me just tell you that the decision to adopt Jase has been one that I have NEVER regretted.    From the first day that I met him, I knew that we were getting a BUNDLE OF JOY!!  Jase is NOT an inconvenience as some view children.  Jase is NOT our "SIXTH" child.  Jase is Jase, an amazing little boy who is

super happy


 super playful


super sweet


super loving


and a sacred and wonderful GIFT from our Heavenly Father!

We adopted Jase off the "special needs" waiting list in China.  Right now HUNDREDS of little boys are waiting for their families to answer God's CALL on their lives to bring them HOME!!!

YES special needs should not be considered lightly by families, simultaneously my advise would be to at least "consider" special needs if you are adopting.  Jase was on the list because of his cleft, palette, and because of a birth mark he had on his hand.  Any ONE of those things would have landed him on the special needs list, even JUST having the birth mark.  For us, his special needs are very manageable and not a big deal.  Jase lives life just like any other two year old boy would.  For us all it means are extra doctor's visits, 3-5 surgeries throughout his life time, and speech therapy.

Check out
and find out more information about adopting a special needs jewel from China.

AND if you haven't "really" considered adoption, my advise would be to CONSIDER IT.  Pray about it, and seek God earnestly about "the" plans He might have for your family.  No I don't think adoption is not for everyone, but it is for many!!
Honestly, if truth be told I feel like Sam and I are the "special" ones as God somehow deemed us worthy to be the forever parents to our special needs son!!  Join me in PRAISING my Father who had a different plan for my life than the one I had thought up, and it did include EACH ONE of our seven jewels, including our sweet sweet Jase!

Comments

Chelby said…
Oh, my word!!! He is so cute and I want to eat him up!! But maybe I'm bias of Asian children. Happy Gotcha day, late. :)

Chelby Sauder