The preciousness of kids!

In that right now my season is that I have the most precious baby girl, God is using each one of the tender moments that I have daily, sometimes every minute, with Lillyana to remind me about His own tender heart.

I (actually both Sam and I) strongly feel that ALL KIDS ARE GOD'S KIDS, and consequently they are OUR kids!!  With or without a biological connection, we view each one of our jewels as "ours" and they have an equal standing in our hearts and on every level (although yes for a couple of them it has been a process for this to occur).

That being said, my heart STILL cannot fathom the number that is being given that counts up all of the orphans in the world, 148 million (plus).  That number is too huge, and is really inconceivable for my little mind.

148 million precious jewels who our Father loves and adores.
148 million precious orphans who are His.
148 million orphans who since they are our Father's kids, are our kids.

So if that is truth, why is there still an orphan crisis?
It is a crisis, the number itself (148 million) points to nothing else.

The amount of kisses Lillyana gets in a day are countless.
The amount of cuddles Lillyana gets in a day are countless.
The amount of hours that Lillyana is held in a day are countless.
The amount of tender words that are spoken to her in a day are countless.
We take care of Lillyana around the clock, lovingly and tenderly, taking care of her every need.

Well, isn't that what God wants from all of us that call Him Father ... to love the 148 million orphans of the world, and to take care of their every need?  Doesn't He so long for us to view them ALL as precious, just like He does!!
Isn't that what our Father does for us, so tenderly, and so faithfully?

No, I do not think that adoption is the only answer.  There are MANY things that can be done to help with the orphan crisis around the globe, and here in the US.  The reality is that for many of the 148 million orphans, adoption is not even an option.

Our Faith did not receive an endless amount of kisses when she was a baby.
Our Faith did not receive an endless amount of cuddles.
Our Faith did not receive an endless amount of tender words.
Our Faith did not have someone around the clock, tenderly taking care of her every need ...
There were simply too many orphaned babies and not enough nannies for this to be the reality for our sweet Faith. 
THIS IS STILL THE REALITY for tooooooooooooooooooo many!

It breaks MY HEART!!!!!!!!!!
And I KNOW, it breaks the heart of my Father!

What does He want you to do about it?
Something!
He wants you to your part!
I don't know WHAT that is.
I do however believe that we all have a part and the thing that God expects from each one of us, is that we DO our part.

I look around at my house, car, community, church, and family and my realization and reality is that I HAVE BEEN GIVEN MUCH.  Consequently it brings me to Matthew where God could not be any clearer when He says, "to whom much is given, much is required."

None of us can say that we didn't know about the orphan crisis, the clean water crisis, the child trafficking crisis ... and the list goes.  We ALL know about it, and we are ALL expected to do our part.

Just when I think I have my part figured out, God reveals more of His truths to me, and reminds me that His heart is that I spent all of my life doing MY part.  Until there are no more children dying from unclean water, starvation, being sold into slavery, being abused, without a family ... my part is not done!

Comments

Shonni said…
Great post!!! Love you sweet and tender heart.