Carpe Diem!



I thought for a while about whether I wanted to share this picture.  I love this picture, but I simultaneously think I look completely silly.  I didn't realize that Sam was taking the picture.  I was just playing with the kids.

That is why I love it.  I love the expressions on each one of their faces.  I love how much FUN we all had.  I love that Faith is literally right behind me and was the whole entire time of our many races.  Faith is such a huge competetor.  She loves to try her absolute best, and she loves to win as much as she can.  This attitude has served her well throughout the years, helping her overcome the many obstacles she has had to overcome.  Faith loves it when I have running races with her where I run my hardest, play basketball hard with her, jump on the trampoline really high, and really when I engage her in any physical activity. 

This picture is a reminder of all of those precious memories I have of playing with her (especially).  Hand in hand with that, these days ... I still can't help but think of how far she has come, how far I have come, and how far we have come.  This picture also reminds me of God's faithfulness throughout my own life, and His many miracles in the life of our precious Faith, and in ours as well in fully bonding our hearts.

The other thing that this picture reminds me of is to CARPE DIEM more ... to live every moment to the fullest more ... to play more with my kids.

If I were honest I would have to say that as our family has kept growing and growing, I don't play like I used to with the kids ... and I miss it and wish I did it more.  This picture is a reminder for me to be more intentional in playing with my kids.

Life is short and each day is truly a GIFT!

"Give praise to the Lord, proclaim his name;
make known among the nations what he has done."
1 Chronicles 16:1


Comments