My new superhero!

On Sunday Kody's training wheels permanently came off his bike - and boy was he STOKED (to say the least).  On Sunday all 9 of us went bike riding around a lake (which meant there were plenty of hills) and Kody did amazing - he right away was a pro.

Yesterday I took him (and Lillyana and Jase) on a walk here in Lynden, which meant that Kody rode his bike (while I push the other two in a stroller).  He LOVED it!  And I LOVED watching him, ride "off" the trail, as he went so fast, and went on all of the rides that his older sisters and brothers go on which he has not been able to go on because of his training wheels.  He was in his glory, riding just like a superhero on wheels, with no fear, sheer determination, speed, and such passion =)  It was awesome!!!

I would have to say that bike riding is a "staple" in our family.  Truly, I don't know what we would do without it =)  In all seriousness it is something that we all love to do, and it is something that we do A LOT ... so how FUN for Kody now to be able to keep up with his older siblings.  I'm sure he is already dreaming of riding the Whistler Bike park.



Comments

Anonymous said…
Way to go KODY! :) So proud of you!

- Auntie Beinta