Alberta Road Trip!!













We just came back from a 13 hour road trip to my sister's house, another one of my sisters who also lives far away, also coming.  We had such a FANTASTIC time, on EVERY level!!  My sister Esther and her husband were such amazingly gracious, kind, self-less and generous hosts.  They gave us their master suite as well as all of their bedrooms which meant that all of the kids slept so good and therefore did so good.  It truly felt like we were on vacation.  We ate so many super yummy meals, and were served coffee every morning (thanks Jeremy).  We biked lots, swam lots, went canoeing, played basketball, played badminton and floor hockey, and played lots ... yep all with all of the kids ;)  We had such a wonderful time and area lready looking forward to our next trip to Auntie and Uncle's house!!  Both of my sisters (far away) are pregnant and due soon, one with their first, and one with their second .... soooo exciting!!!!




The trip made me so incredibly thankful for family, and it made me wish that they didn't live so far away.  We are not one of those families who is saturated with extended family close by.  If truth be told I wish we were one of those families.  Several of my close friends have lots of family close by who are an integral part of their lives, my heart longs for that.  I wish for it more than anything for our precious jewels. 

We moved to the West Coast 9 years ago now and that was one of the main reasons we moved, but now it seems that the family we moved to be close by is no longer close by ... or in some cases the US/Canadian border has become a big obstacle (for my two sisters who are close by us on the other side of the border).

We also stopped in Jaspur on both the way there and on the way back and oh my heart, was it BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Jaspur now is on my top 5 favorite places; it is GORGEOUS (yes, all of the backgrounds are REAL)!!!  We did a total of 4 hikes and the kids were amazing and loved it.  We saw a total of 8 bears (and lots of deer, sheep, and other animals), the bears thankfully not being on any of our trails!





 (This picture is hillarious and is sooooooooooo Jase;))




I took sooooooooooooooooooo many pics ... it was hard to choose "some" my favorite ones to share!
Here are a couple more ...

THANK YOU JESUS for family.
THANK YOU JESUS for time to get away and take a break from the ordinary.
THANK YOU JESUS for your beatiful creation!!!

Comments

Beautiful pictures! Beautiful family!
Jer said…
Nice pics! Thanks for the kind words too
Uncle jer