Adore!!


I had the MOST AMAZING weekend ... I spent it with four of my sisters (I also have 3 sweet and beautiful step-sisters).  A couple of them got on airplanes, and the rest of us got into our cars and made the four hour drive to meet, in Kelowna BC.  It truly was a glorious weekend, my only complaint being that it was too short.  I LOVE my sisters and truly every time I get to see the ones that live a couple of provinces over, I come home feeling sad (wishing we lived closer)!
 
The picture above was our VIEW.  We stayed in a condo right on the WATER (I love water)!  On Sunday morning I went for a brisk exercise walk by myself, where I spent a lot of time walking and talking to my Father.  As I soaked in every minute of the glorious view, my Father reminded me to make sure that I was worshipping the Creator and not the Creation.  In the same moment He also reminded me of the fact that He created the earth for us, for us to enjoy it.  He didn't create it for us to be disconnected from it, but to be in awe of it!!
 
My heart somehow jumped to my sisters, and God also put a pause on my heart ... that He also created those relationships for me to enjoy and to adore and cherish.  I thought about this a lot as I continued on my walk.  I really think that EACH relationship that God has put in front of me He has put there for intentional purposes, for intentional relationships.  I think God WANTS ME to adore AND cherish not only my husband and my kids ... but also my sisters, my brother, my best friends, my parents, my neighbors ...
 
Just like God doesn't want us to be disinterested in His glorious creation, He also doesn't want us to be disinterested and disconnected from the people that He has so intentionally put into our lives.  Take note I did not say that I think He wants us to worship our spouses, kids, family,friends, or anyone else either ... BUT HE DOES WANT US TO ADORE AND CHERISH THEM!     
 
This really struck a chord with my heart ... God WANTS me to adore and cherish those who I'm in relationship with.  WOW, that was a pretty profound reminder for me.
 
For me, adore and cherish are pretty powerful and profound words.
God WANTS ME to adore and cherish my husband.
God WANTS me to adore and cherish my kids.
God WANTS Me to adore and cherish my family.
God WANTS ME to adore and cherish my friends.
 
and so forth ...
 
My sisters do make me feel adored and cherished ... they especially spoiled me this weekend.  Please help me dear Jesus, to make those around me feel adored and cherished by me (but ultimately by you).
 

These are my two new nieces who I got to meet and who I truly adore.  Aren't they precious and so beautiful!  I put them in order of who was born first, by a huge four hours (soo cool)!!  AND below are my sisters who were on this trip, from oldest to youngest (although I'm the oldest) ...
 



 


Comments

Shilo Taylor said…
LOVE this, Maria! Jasmine and I were just saying now that she'll be two states away we might have to occasionally have "destination weekends". Thank you for being an encouragement to me and my sister- so glad you were blessed this weekend by yours!
Anonymous said…
Xoxoxo
Love you Barbie