40!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
Nope, not me.  I've got one more glorious year of being in my thirties and let me tell you I'm going to live it up.  It was my hot hubby who turned 40 this past weekend.


 
When I was younger I really did think that 40 was reallllllllllllllllly old, I still feel like it is pretty old.  Yet neither Sam or I feel old, we still feel like we are in our 20's.

 
Sam celebrated this major milestone in several different ways this past year.  In May he went on a 4 day motorcycle ride with truly one of his best friends on the planet.  A week ago I threw him a surprise party with some friends, he was TOTALLY surprised.  It was super fun to surprise him.  And on his actualy birthday Sam and I had a morning date (7AM - noon) which was fantastic. We had never had a morning date before and I totally reccommend it.  And later on we all went to Semiahmoo to walk, bbq, and play.
 
 
Sam jumped off the dock with a few of the kids.  He had wanted to do it earlier with me at Boulevard but thought it was too cold then.  I love the fact that although he is really old ;), he still totally gets alongside the kids and plays with them.  It is such a GIFT!

Life is short, we never know when our day will be our last, and the years fly by and soon our kids will be grown.  In the meanwhile, we should all try to carpe diem, by truly living each moment to the fullest, and by embracing the sacred gifts that God has given us through our spouses and children.

Comments