This Weekend Everything Changed!



For the past several months God has been speaking to me about His nature.  He has specifically been revealing to me that He is a God of healing.  I think I used to believe that God sat up in heaven, and kind of picked and choose in what situations He would heal.  Instead I have come to believe that it's a part of God's nature to be a healing God.  God desires for every one of His children to receive healing, on every level.  He does not want us to wait until heaven to have this, His heart being that we receive it here on earth.  He loves each one of us so much, He wants the absolute best for us.

When we become His children we receive His authority not only on the spiritual realm, but also for healing.  Simultaneously, when we love Him He gives us His power to heal.  He gave this not only to His 12 disciples but to every believer.  In some situations God expects us to assert this power, in other times He expects us to wait on Him and be still.  I have always believed in the power of miraculous healing, however through what we've walked God has put it on the forefront of my heart.

About a year ago I clearly heard God say that He would heal Jax.  God didn't give details of what type of healing nor a time frame.  Since then I've rested in this promise.  Since then I've been praying for healing that's so excessive that it cannot be explained in human terms but can only be explained by the God and Creator of the Universe.  I've been praying that God completely eradicate Jax's cancer.  A cancer that has been explained by our doctors to be "9 standard deviations" above the norm in terms of aggressiveness for his type of cancer.  That is nine times as aggressive as other kids with this type of cancer.

A couple of weeks ago or so God put it on my heart to also start pray for the healing of Jax's bone marrow.  Our bone marrow is what produces the blood cells in our bodies, specifically ANC's and white blood cells.  As Jax has gone through 4 different chemo cycles throughout his life, his bone marrow has essentially taken a massive beating.  Jax's first round of chemo was when he was 6 months old, then when he was about 22 months, then when we brought him home from September to April, and then this last treatment from May-October of this year.  Our doctors have been worried about Jax's bone marrow, and have repeatedly commented to us that they did not have full confidence in him being able to finish each one of the six chemo treatments this time around.  They were afraid that with each chemo round, his bone marrow would be that less likely to be able to recover Jax's ANC's.  ANC's are the cells that fight off infections in our body.  If we don't have ANC's the smallest thing like a cold essentially can take our life.  Through the last 6-8 months Jax's ANC's have stayed at zero for an average of 3-4 weeks after each round of chemo.  This has made our doctors extremely nervous as Jax's little body and life has been at risk for 3-4 weeks after each chemo treatment.

A couple of days after I heard God's voice and confidently started praying for the healing of Jax's bone marrow, I was running and listening to a message by Bill Johnson (the pastor of Bethel Church in CA).  This is a church that has seen an enormous amount of healings, like crazy excessive ones time and time again.  I have no idea when the sermon was taped, I never went back and checked.  Bill started by saying "I hear God saying that there is someone here who is needing healing for a bone marrow. "  This is a man who God clearly has anointed with the the power of the gift of healing.   I literally raised my hand, saying "me, me."  No one in the congregation raised their hand.  This confirmation made me that much more confident in what I was asking of God.  I pressed in and prayed this very specifically for Jax.  I shared it on the BE THE FORCE FOR JAX group and I know many of you joined me in praying for this.  My human heart wanted to contact Bill Johnson and ask Him to join me in specifically praying for Jax but I kept hearing God say, "I got this Maria.  Your prayer is enough."

This weekend God answered this very specific prayer.  He healed Jax's bone marrow!!!!!  How do we know this, because Jax has ANC's in the thousands!!  3944 to be exact!  Jax hasn't had this type of ANC's since April (I think.  I need to back and check to see if he even had that many then).  Last Friday he had ANC's of 600 and our doctor was SHOCKED!!  Like literally and on every level SHOCKED!  She didn't know what to do with it and cautiously told Sam he could go home with Jax.   She was literally dumb founded and didn't know what to advise!  She however wanted labs done again on Sunday to confirm this, and to make sure that his counts didn't roller coaster (plunge).  In order for Jax to continue with chemo these last 6-8 months his ANC's have had to be at 650 (which he has essentially just achieved each time, them not being far above 650).  Now, after having 6 rounds of intense intravenous chemo his ANC's are at 3944!!!  When they are at 200 he could be discharged from the hospital, and when they were at 500 he was been allowed to come home!!!  It doesn't make sense, Jax's counts should not be SO HIGH!!  We still expected them to be at zero as this has been his pattern these past several months!  We were hoping he would be at 600 by the end of the month!

Ya'll this is a HUGE GOD SIZE MIRACLE that can only be explained by HIM!  Nothing else makes sense!  There is no medical explanation for this!  PLEASE PRAISE OUR GOD with us!!!!

Jax will have a spinal chemo injection on the 17th of this month, and a MRI and CT scan on the Monday after thanksgiving, and then will have another MRI at the end of January (and then every 3 months after that).  We haven't talked to our doctors yet.  We can't wait to hear from them, for them to get to work this week (they all work part-time) and see Jax's labs.  They are going to be SHOCKED!  I'm pretty confident they will want more labs done!  We also still have to decide about radiation 

I know God used not only my prayers to perform this miracle, but the prayers of so many of you!  I've many times told different doctors and nurses that there are thousands of people praying for Jax.  This has been a gift like none other.  This has provided coverage and protection when we have desperately needed it.  This has been instrumental in the too many to count miracles that God has done, including this latest excessive over the top unexplainable one!

This means that as of yesterday we are no longer separated as a family!  This weekend everything changed, our family is united again.  I was expecting to be down in Seattle with Jax right now, instead I'm at home with Sam and all of the other kids.  I got up this morning and took our jewels to school.  I moved Jax's clothes back in his room, with Lillyana and Jewlia.  Jax played with his sisters today, instead of just playing with me. 



We don't have details of Jax's future, nor consequently ours.  It would be easy for me to have fears and worry.  There are so many unknowns.  There are so many things to figure out.  Gosh, just trying to rebuild our life feels overwhelming.  Now also comes the real facing of the reality that our Jax is now blind, us needing to navigate this for him and with him.  Jax also hasn't eaten a full meal since last June, him essentially having to relearn this seemingly simple task.  Since June his bites have had to be tiny, otherwise he would throw up every time.  Yet I was reminded this morning again through a sermon by Bill Johnson, that we "should stop being impressed by the size of our problems, and instead start being impressed by the size of our God."  We shouldn't waste having thoughts about ourselves or our situation that God doesn't have.  Such amazing TRUTHS!  Such amazing reminders that my heart SO needed!!!

Ya'll 3944!!!!  Crazy!  MIRACULOUS!!  God did it!!!

Comments

Unknown said…
Maria, thank you for this wonderful report- I'm praising God with you as I read about Jax's miraculous counts. Thank you, Jesus. We continue to pray for Jax for complete healing. We continue to pray for you and your jewels for grace and peace and strength.
Love you, Quines.
Kurt
Unknown said…
A chorus line of happy dances. Praises to the Almighty
Unknown said…
Thanks Maria and Sam for the update. Yes, we do have a fantastic Father who cares for all of us.
Tears are running down my cheeks as I write this, tears of joy and thankfulness. We don't know what the future holds but we do know that God is with us through it all.
Love
Dad